For a list of frequently asked questions and answers click here!


The Nye County Sheriff's Office issues concealed firearms permits in accordance with NRS 202.3653 – 202.369. 


Concealed Firearm Permits are valid for a period of 5 years and can be renewed for additional 5 year periods.

A permit holder must carry the permit together with proper identification whenever they are in actual possession of the concealed firearm(s). The permit and proper identification must be presented to a peace officer upon request. 


Q: How do I renew my CCW?

A: You must take the renewal course in person in the state of Nevada. The application fee for renewal is
     $61.25. If you submit the application to the Nye County Sheriff’s Office after the expiration date on
     your current permit but before 120 days after expiration there will be a $15.00 late fee. If the
     application is submitted after 120 days the fee will be the same as an initial application ($96.25). Your
     renewal application cannot be submitted over 120 days prior to the expiration date of your current
     permit. An application is valid for one year from the date you took the course. The establishment
     where you take the course will have the application and instructions for the course.

Q: My address has changed. How can I obtain a new CCW with my new address listed?

A: You need to provide proof of your new address (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.). We will then mail a
     new permit to you. You can mail the request with the proof to: Nye County Sheriff’s Office;
    ATTN: CCW Division; 1520 E. Basin Ave.; Pahrump, NV  89060. You can also send the request by email
    and attach the proof of your new address to This will also apply to a name or
    gender change.

Q: Can I mail my application, print cards, and fee to you after I take the CCW course instead of appearing
     at the Sheriff’s Office?

A: You may do so but you would still have to appear at the Sheriff’s Office in person upon approval of
     your permit. Your signature and photo for the card would be needed at that time. We would then
     issue the card to you. Keep in mind that the permit is valid for five years from the date of approval,
     NOT the date of issue.​


Any person who meets the following criteria may apply to the Nye County Sheriff's Office for a concealed firearm permit:

If you are a Nevada resident, you must be a resident of Nye County. 
An out-of-state resident who received firearms training in Nye County.  
21 years of age or older.
Must be able to lawfully possess a firearm.
Successfully completes an approved firearms course in Nye County (paid for by applicant).
Pays the appropriate fees.

You are ineligible to obtain a CCW if:

You are under 21 years of age.
You do not provide the required documentation to demonstrate competence with a firearm.
You are a fugitive from justice.
You have been judicially declared mentally incompetent or insane.
You have been admitted to a mental health facility.
You have habitually used intoxicating liquor or a controlled substance to the extent that your normal faculties are impaired, including DUI convictions within five previous years and Medical Marijuana Patients.
You have been convicted of a crime involving the use, or threatened use of force or violence, including misdemeanor convictions, within the last three (3) years.
You have been convicted of a felony.
You have been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence or stalking, or you are currently subject to a restraining order or other order of protection against violence.
You are currently on parole or probation.
You have been, within the preceding five (5) years, subject to any requirements imposed by a court as a condition to:

- Withholding the entry of judgment for your conviction of a felony, or
- Suspension of your sentence for the conviction of a felony, or
- Indictment by a Grand Jury.

You have made a false statement on any application.
You were dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
You are not lawfully admitted into or are no longer lawfully within the United States.
You are prohibited from possessing a firearm under state and federal law, city and/or county ordinances. Applications can be downloaded from the following link: CCW Application or picked up from any Nye County Sheriff's Office.   

All completed applications must be submitted in person at an NCSO Substation. 

Click HERE for the Nye County Sheriff's Office Fee Schedule